Bruce H. Lehr, the Firm's founding partner, has more than 30 years of experience as a criminal defense attorney. Mr. Lehr has handled hundreds of cases in Florida and throughout the United States. Best known for his formidable trial skills, Mr. Lehr has represented numerous clients on charges ranging from murder to bank fraud, securities fraud, healthcare fraud, money laundering, internet sex crimes, mail and wire fraud, mortgage fraud, and tax evasion.
Mr. Lehr holds the AV© Peer Review Rating from Martindale‑Hubbell , its highest rating for both ethics and legal ability. Since 2012, Mr. Lehr has continually been selected by his peers for inclusion in "Super Lawyers", a rating service of outstanding lawyers in various practice areas who have attained a high‑degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Mr. Lehr has also been named Florida Trend's "Florida Legal Elite" in 2009 and 2010. Florida Trend's Legal Elite recognizes the top tier of attorneys practicing in Florida as chosen by their colleagues. He has received a 10 out of 10 "superb" legal rating on Avvo, a widely used guide in assessing a lawyer's qualifications, and been chosen to serve as a panelist for the Miami-Dade County Bar Association on numerous topics, including prosecutorial misconduct and starting your own practice.(I would not include that).
From 1979 until 1983, Mr. Lehr was the Chief Prosecutor for the Dade County Courts and Senior Trial Attorney in the Narcotics Division of the Office of the State Attorney, 11th Judicial District, in Miami, Florida. From 1982 to 1983, he was appointed to become a member of the Florida Governor's Task Force in Alcohol and Highway Safety. Mr. Lehr was also Chairman of the Attorney's Division at the Greater Miami Jewish Federation from 1991 until 1993, and Chairman of the Anti‑Defamation League Washington Affairs Committee in 1993. From 2005 until 2008, Mr. Lehr held the position of Deputy Counsel to the Republican Party of Miami-Dade County. He also served two four-year terms as Republican Executive Committeeman to the Miami-Dade County Republican Party.
Mr. Lehr is a member of the Florida and New York State Bars, the Miami-Dade County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Associations of Trial Lawyers of America, and the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers.
- Defended a person in South Florida, who was alleged to have negotiated for the purchase of a submarine allegedly in order to bring 40 tons of cocaine up the West Coast of the United States. Facing life in prison, was able to negotiate settlement. Released 30 days after testifying before federal jury.
- Defended Israeli Organized Crime Figure in Largest Ecstasy case ever tried in the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida - 800,000 ecstasy pills; Convicted by Federal Jury.
- Representation of Scott Rothstein's law partner in connection with the $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme.
- Representation of a director of a company indicted for a $170 million bank fraud - one of the largest factoring frauds in Florida history.
- Representation of Former Mayor of South Miami charged with elections fraud.
- Representation of a president of a company charged with participating in a $49 million wire fraud conspiracy involving fraudulent letters of credit. The criminal case involved parallel civil proceedings before the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Representation of a prominent businessman charged with a $135 million real estate fraud scheme where the alleged victims included hundreds of investors, including a Roman Catholic Prep School.
- Post-conviction representation of a City of Miami Assistant Fire Chief charged with one count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and two counts of mail fraud.
- Representation of a South Florida real estate agent charged in four separate federal indictments in connection with more than $15 million in home mortgage loans and more than $5 million in fraudulent loan proceeds.
- Representation of the Clinical Director of a Miami based mental health clinic, charged with participating in a Medicare fraud scheme involving the submission of more than $50 million in fraudulent billings to Medicare.
- Representation of Physical Therapy Assistant at two Miami based health clinics, charged with conspiring to defraud Medicare involving the submission of more than 3,000 false treatment notes.
- Representation of the former Mayor of the City of West Miami charged with two counts of exploitation of his official position.
- Representation of a Canadian citizen facing extradition to France for an alleged sexual offense.
- Criminal Law (State and Federal)
- Florida and New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1980.
- B.A., University of Miami, 1976.
- Editor in Chief, University of Miami Newspaper: "The Hurricane".
- French and Hebrew.